Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Showplace began holding auctions online in 2005. After 10 years of enthusiastic reception and bidding excitement, we decided to host the auctions live at Showplace Antique + Design Center. Currently we hold these unique estate auctions twice a month and in the past few years they have grown exponentially, both in attendance and popularity. Our on-site audiences now number in the hundreds: some come to watch, some to drink coffee and network, and most to bid and enjoy the fun and fast-paced proceedings.
Estate auctions are held twice a month, featuring fine art, jewelry, decorative art, Asian art and antiques, silver, furniture and collectibles. The property offered is acquired by purchasing entire collections; our pieces are always fresh to the market.
The sales are streamlined in simplicity, with most items opening at $50 - $100, and precious metals opening just below melt value. There are no hidden reserves.
You're encouraged to visit our extended previews during Showplace’s operating hours, Monday – Friday 10 AM – 6 PM, Saturday and Sunday 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM, for the 12 days preceding each auction. Come view our next collection!
If you have any questions about our sales or about items you have an interest in, please don’t hesitate to call the auction department at 212-633-6063 ext. 804, or send an email to email@example.com, and we will reply promptly.
We welcome inquiries about selling estates, and will be happy to come to you on-site to see your items. You may also email or send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 07, 2017
Bronze frame,screw down bobeche, the underside marked
"Tiffany Studios / New York / 23545," e 8" H. Original
glass, no cracks or repairs.
Show more info
Swiss-made circa 1972, having an asymmetrical, raised
triangular bezel case, day and date face, blue and silver dial
with tapered silver outer chapter ring, baton-style
tritium-coated steel hands, 21 jewel movement, fiberglass
back, water resistant, on the original stainless steel
expanding strap. Watch face: 1.75" H X 1.5" W.
"A Trip to Scarborough"; title hand-written on card affixed
to back of frame. Image: 5.5" H X 9" W; frame: 12.25" X
On a tiered flaming base. 25" H. Wear and losses to the
thick layer of applied gilt.
Mid-Century, design by Folke Ohlsson, with five drawers.
31.25" H X 18.5" W X 24.5" L.
Consisting of a surface of red-dyed jute from which threads
have been methodically removed to display the waxed
grayish undersurface, thus providing the linear pattern, the
reverse signed and dated "Manish Nai 2003 / Title-Untitled /
Medium-Collage on Jute." Image: 24" H X 30" W; frame:
25.5" X 30.5".
Likely ancient. 2.5" L. Shallow pitting and soiling, crack to
"Place de Saint-Marc, a Venise," 19th century, oil on panel, of Saint Mark's Square in Venice, signed lower right, reverse with paper cut-out of title information. Image: 10" H X 16.5" W; frame: 13" X 19.25".
Showplace welcomes estate referrals from a wide array of professionals. Please fill out the following contact form and someone will reach out to you shortly
Whether you are selling an estate, downsizing, or simply redecorating Showplace can help. If pictures are available (even general room shots) you may email them to email@example.com. You are also always welcome to call and speak directly with one of our specialists.
Our number is 212-633- 6063 ext. 804.
We understand that each situation is unique and our specialists are glad to offer assistance in order to cater to your specific needs.
You can call to speak with an auction representative at 212-633-6063 ext. 804.
Showplace Live Online Auctions lists a variety of fine and decorative arts. Our sales typically include a diverse offering of fine paintings, drawings, and prints, along with a wide selection of Asian antiques, Judaica, mid-century design and European decorative objects as well as furnishings, rugs, militaria, and more.
Showplace's twice-monthly auctions draw large crowds and cater to our loyal retail customers who have been shoppingwith us for the last 23 years,unlike our competition, which rely on trade only clientele.
Showplace can purchase entire estate content, handle packing and removal, offer complete broom-sweeps, or use our network to help facilitate tax-deductible charitable donations.
Showplace Antique + Design Center is located at 40 West 25th Street New York, NY 10010 between 5th and 6th Avenues. We can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org The auctions department can also be reached directly at 212.633.6063, ext. 804.
Yes, Showplace offers extended preview of all items coming up for sale. Preview opens twelve days before the sale. Preview hours are Monday through Friday: 9:30-6:00 and Saturday through Sunday 8:30-5:30.
A bidder may place their bid with us in one of three convenient ways: (1) register to bid live online, (2) submit a phone bid form, requesting that we contact them to take their bid over the phone, or (3) submit an absentee bid form with bid amounts. Phone bidders are contacted during a sale when the lots they would like to bid on are about to come up for sale, and place their bids with auction house staff. Absentee bidders need only to submit a bid form on which they will place their bid limit prior to the auction. If an absentee bidder's winning bid is less than their specified bid limit, they are only obligated to pay the final increment realized live at auction (for example, if someone bids $500 on a lot and outbids the room at $350, then they only need to pay $350 for the lot).
Showplace guarantees the medium and materials of every item in our auctions. If for some reason we have mis-listed an item, the buyer may obtain an opinion in writing from a recognized expert. If the expert judges the item inauthentic or otherwise misrepresented, it may be returned to Showplace in the same condition as at the time of sale, and the buyer’s full purchase price will be refunded. Showplace does not guarantee signatures.
Yes. In order to obtain a free quote before the auction, please contact email@example.com
Yes. Every item is insured for its full value unless specified otherwise by the buyer. All shipping quotes include insurance.
Freight shipping can also be arranged through UPS (firstname.lastname@example.org). You are also welcome to contact the freight shipper of your choice.
1. A BIDDING PADDLE is required for ALL BIDDERS. You may register online or in person for the auction.
2. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO MONEY WILL BE REFUNDED AND NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN.
3. ALL MERCHANDISE IS SOLD "AS IS". No guarantees are made as to condition, period or authenticity of the merchandise sold. Showplace makes no representation, nor any express or implied warranties. Buyers must rely on their own knowledge when purchasing merchandise.
4. NO MERCHANDISE WILL BE DELIVERED DURING THE SALE. Unless prior arrangements are made, all purchased merchandise must be removed from Showplace premises immediately. Furniture and large items must be removed from Showplace premises by 4:00 pm the following day. Merchandise left after that time will be stored at the RISK & EXPENSE of the purchaser. Storage fees will accrue and will be added to the invoice.
5. All purchases are subject to all local taxes unless purchaser furnishes proof of a Resale number at the time of payment.
6. The purchase price payable shall be the final bid plus a 10% buyer's premium.7. The highest bidder acknowledged shall be the purchaser. If any dispute arises between bidders, the Auctioneer has final discretion to determine the successful bidder or to reoffer the lot in dispute.
8. Showplace reserves the right to charge customer's credit card for the sum total of their purchases including Sales Tax (if applicable) if items are not paid for within two (2) days of the auction.
9. The Gallery is NOT RESPONSIBLE for errors, omissions or merchandise left more than two (2) days after the auction unless written arrangements have been accepted by Showplace.
10. Free shipping quotes are available from The UPS Store. Please contact email@example.com. Auctions at Showplace does not provide in-house shipping services. All items must be paid for within three (3) business days from the date of auction and ALL items must be removed within three (3) business days. Any item not removed or shipped within this time is subject to a storage fee of $25.00 per item per day, payable to an outside storage company. If an item is to be shipped, it is sent to our UPS store location (our offsite storage and shipping facility) after the first three (3) business days, unless other shipping arrangements have been made by the buyer. If other arrangements have been made, the buyer must contact our gallery within three (3) days of the auction date to arrange pick-up. If items are not removed within three (3) business days, they will be sent to storage. All storage fees and invoices must be paid in full to retrieve items sent to storage. Once an item is sent to storage, neither Auctions at Showplace Antiques nor The UPS Store is liable for it. Declared value coverage goes into effect once pick up or shipping arrangements are made. You must contact The UPS Store at 212-920-6521 to settle all storage fees and arrange for pick up or shipping. If picking up your items from storage, an appointment must be scheduled with The UPS Store at least three days in advance. You may email all storage or shipping inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not responsible for the acts or omissions of carriers or packers of purchased lots, whether or not recommended by us. Packing and handling of purchased lots by us is at the entire risk of the purchaser and Auctions at Showplace Antiques will have no liability for any loss or damage to such items.
11. If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered/picked up in the condition it was in at the time of sale, or should any purchased lot be stolen or lost prior to delivery/pick up, Auctions at Showplace Antiques shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
12. NO CHECKS ACCEPTED unless approved by Showplace.
13. AT OUR DISCRETION WE MAY HOLD YOUR MERCHANDISE UNTIL THE CHECK CLEARS.
14. NOTE: ALL SIZES AND WEIGHTS ARE APPROXIMATE.
15. ITEMS DESCRIBED AS "GOLD TONE" OR "SILVER TONE" ITEMS ARE NOT MADE OF GOLD OR SILVER.
16. BIDDING INCREMENTS
$1 - 50: $10
$50 - 500: $25
$500 - 1,000: $50
$1,000 - 2,000: $100
$2,000 - 5,000: $250
$5,000 - 10,000: $500
$10,000 - 20,000: $1,000
$20,000 -+ : $2,500
Our buyer guarantee allows you to shop with confidence at Showplace Antique + Design Center. This pledge to uphold our standard of excellence includes the following guarantees:
We take pride providing reliable service to all of our customers. If you have any questions about this guarantee or any of the services that we provide, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support specialists at email@example.com.