A vintage bronze sculpture by noted artist Lawrence Fane (1933-2008) and signed "Fane"in bronze. Lawrence Fane was born in Kansas City, Mo. in 1933 and apprenticed under the sculptor George Demetrios. He lived in Rome for a period and traveled Europe before returning to the United States and eventually settling in New York where he exhibited extensively throughout his lifetime and was reviewed by such notable publications as The New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and Art in America, among others. He taught for a time at the Rhode Island School of Design but joined Queens college upon moving to New York and remained part of their faculty from 1966 to 1996 while guest lecturing at Yale, Duke and Boston College, among others. His work tends toward abstraction and many of his pieces are large scale public works. His smaller pieces can be found in galleries and museums throughout the United States. At The Whitney Biennial Exhibition in 2006 he contributed to the Mark di Suvero Peace Tower. He passed away in 2008.